Benefits of wedding couples massage spa day and what to expect
A common routine for brides to be is to start on a beauty regimen about six months before the wedding. The program varies, but most include at least one massage every month along with facials and other treatments. Many also have a massage on the day before or on the wedding day. Rather going it alone on all of those massage sessions, why not have a great couples massage? After all, the groom should look and feel just as good. In addition, there are other benefits to be gained from having a couples wedding spa day:
Aside the generally busy life, you and your partner have been under that strain of planning your wedding, honeymoon and perhaps a move. It is unlikely that you have much time to relax and reconnect. A couple’s massage spa day provides that opportunity. You can enjoy the relaxing massage with your partner there. In addition to massages, many spas have steam showers, lounges, and other facilities where couples can indulge in relaxing treatments and activities, forget about the wedding planning momentarily and just enjoy each other’s company.
2. Increase affection:
a massage has the ability to stimulate feel-good hormone production. The abundance of these hormones and the relaxing effect massages have on the body, result in a relaxed mind and can foster affection and intimacy between the two of you.
3. Bonding: taking part inactivates together encourages bonding between couples. This doesn’t have to be bungee jumping or deep sea diving. It could be something as simple as having a couple’s massage or any other treatments together on a spa day. Talking is not recommended during the massage, but after that, there a lot more you can do at the spa that can help strengthen the bond. Although this might only be for a day, the time spent together can be beneficial to your relationship.
These are good enough reasons to schedule a couple’s spa day and if you are wondering what to expect, here’s what a typical wedding couples massage spa day entails.
- The massage is usually done in a single room large enough to fit two massage tables. You and your soon-to-be husband will be lying side by side or facing each.
- The massage is carried out by two specialists at the same time.
- The treatments don’t have to be the same. You can have the Thai massage while your partner goes for the deep tissue massage or you could both have the hot stone treatment. The massage will be a personalized consultation with an individual massage therapist depending on the individual needs of each person.
- Aside from the massage, you could also get manicures, pedicures, skin care, and hair care services at the same location.
- Most spas combine the massage with complementary access to a variety of facilities such as saunas, pools, and fitness centers so afterwards, you could both go swimming, or relax in the sauna.
• If you are okay with alcohol, champagne may be part of the massage package to help you unwind before or after the massage.
• Aromatherapy is available at many spas so you can select essential oils that you prefer and since every partner has their own treatment, each can choose the oil that s/he likes.